Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Christmas Excitement!

Yesterday was day 1 of my new set of classes. I have been looking over the syllabus's for each class and I'm really excited! These classes have more work involved, which is a good thing. It will give me something to do. I have been so bored with my life that I'm going insane!

I have been chatting on a message board for almost 2 years now, and one of the ladies brought up Christmas. I hadn't really thought about that before that thread had started, but now I am so excited! I am wanting to start making some new Christmas decorations, since the ones that I had previously made were lost in a move. I loved those decorations. Also, I have set up a budget for Christmas presents. I figure this next week I will spend my money on finishing getting derik ready for school. He doesn't really need much since I bought quite a few uniforms when I got my tax money. I'm planning on getting him a new pair of shoes and possibly 1 more pair of pants. Lexie needs some new shoes, dang girl out grew her shoes over night! Once school shopping is finished then I am planning on getting the kids their Halloween costumes. After Halloween is taken care of, CHRISTMAS HERE WE COME! I'm thinking that 20 a week should do me pretty good. I think I am going to either put the money on a gift card so I can do the shopping all at once, or use kmarts layaway option. either way, I would like to be completely finished by December 1.

I also want to start getting ingredients for my Christmas cooking. I found that last year, I'm a dang good candy cook! lol. There are several items that I want to make this year, carmels, toffee, peanut brittle, peanut butter cups, chocolate chip cookies, oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, brownies, and sugar cookies, and rice krispy treats. That should about do it. Anyone hear their blood sugar rising? lol

I don't know how much I am going to be able to accomplish, since I am going to have to do homework, but I think I can do it all... I just won't be able to spend as much time on the computer.

1 comment:

aboringfam said...

I was going to call and then I saw your blog. Looks great. I'm excited for Halloween cause thats my favorite holiday. I have a baking tip for you though. I have found that a lot of the baking ingredients (like sugar and stuff) goes on sale around Thanksgiving and before christmas. Thats when I stock up on it.