Sunday, August 16, 2009

Mommy Who???

When I was writing about our doctor visit on Friday, I forgot about the funniest thing Lexie did. I allowed her to walk all over the waiting room because there were just way too many kids there playing to keep her pinned in my lap. She was really enjoying herself too. She saw 3 babies (little girls her age or older) and she kept giving them kisses. One little girl just cried and cried and cried. She was really not fond of Lexie's "love". lol. Another little girl was sick, so I tried really hard to keep her away, but lexie was very adament that she slobber all over that one too. The final little girl was a little older, and didn't have any problems with lexie kissing her (man, I hope this doesnt' mean that my daughter is going to be a kissing fool. I just might have to go purchase a shotgun. lol) Anyway, as I was sitting there watching both her and Derik play, Lexie walked up the lady sitting next to me and just flopped on her, like she does to me at home. The lady was like.. ok, and stroking her head. I'm saying, Lexie come to mommy, but Lexie just kept laying there, like hugging the lady's lap, and she'd look up and then lay back down... did this for a couple of minutes. Then something made her turn her head towards me, and all of a sudden I got the biggest smile from her. It was almost like, "hey, there's my mom!" then she looked at the lady she was laying on, then back to me, and all of a sudden it clicked for her that this lady was not mommy! She didn't cry, but for a few minutes it was almost like she didn't care who mommy was. I was just laughing as hard as I could because her face was just priceless! It was a total shock that this other lady wasn't me. lol

Today, we got up and went to church. I don't want to make too many new changes, but I do think that this needs to be something that we continue. Derik is getting the interaction with other kids again, which I'm hoping is going to help the running off issues. (I don't remember if I've posted about this yet, but I will soon). I would also like to start practicing the piano again, too. I'm hoping next sunday Lexie won't freak out on me when everything is over and I can spend 20 minutes or so practicing. It's been a long time since I've played the piano. It will also give the kids time to run around and just have fun (I plan on using the Young Women's, Relief Society or Primary rooms for practicing. That way I can close the doors and just let the kids play. I wasn't able to really get too much out of the lessons or sacrament. Part of the reason I couldn't focus on sacrament is because the speaker is a really REALLY boring speaker. He use to teach the Gospel Doctrine class and would almost put me to sleep each week. That's pretty much what happened in Sacrament. Also, Derik and Lexie were attacking each other. Today was the first time she really started giving Derik kisses. I Loved watching it, Derik on the other hand, was not so fond of receiving her kisses, even though he gives her kisses all the time. lol. Even though I didn't get to pay too much attention to the lessons, it still felt really good to get out of the house and go to church. Next week I'm hoping the kids cooperate better so I can take some pictures of them in front of the Chapel.

After church I came home and put the finishing touches on my research paper. YAY! 2 classes done, a whole bunch more to go! I start my next set of classes tomorrow. I really hope these classes actually challenge me. Yes, easy classes are nice, but I really hate that feeling of unfulfillment. I expected these classes to actually have real assignments, nope. The only real "hard" part of the courses was that I had to make sure I had at least 2 substantial postings on 3 different days. The discussion questions consisted of 2 150-300 word responses each week, and then usually one assignment that was again around 300 words... not very hard. I was expecting at least a 3 page essay each week. I was prepared to write a 3 page essay each week, so finding out that the work wasn't that hard at all... was kind of a let down. Here's to hoping that my next set of classes are more fun. OH, and some of the discussion questions weren't questions that were easily converted into conversations. Many times each person wrote pretty much the same thing. So trying to respond to these questions and make them interesting, was really hard.

No comments: